Friday, July 22, 2011

The Epitome of My Existence

This literally just happened, and it was so perfect, so very much the story of my entire life that I couldn't help but write about it, even though it's being posted to a place where I imagine virtually no one ventures.  But that's ok, because someday when I'm older my kids will either find my random thoughts and happenings interesting, or I'll force them to read this.  Either way, one day, my story will be told.  So here's how it all went down.  On my last day of work at Solution Support I decide to leave a few hours early because it's dead, plus I really just don't want to be there anymore knowing that on its way is a job offer to a much more prestigious and better paying job.  I get home, have some lunch and watch some TV.  Not a super exciting day granted, but it certainly beat answering phone calls and trying to work with a computer that freezes every time it attempts to process a piece of information.  Carrying on, at about 4:40 I decide it would be nice to go swim around in the pool for a bit, get at least a little exercise for the day.  I'm only out about twenty when I decide that swimming is tiring and I'm going to go back to the fairly lazy day I had been leading.  When I get back I notice that there is a missed call and a message on my phone.  Lo and behold it was my soon to be employer calling to make a job offer.  Great, right!  One would generally think so, but what happened is this, the call came at about 4:45, just a few minutes after I left to go swimming, I got the message at about 5:05, just a few minutes after she had left work.  Not just for the day, not just for the weekend, but because we're in the glorious state of Utah, Monday, the 25th, is a holiday so she won't be in and she's taking Tuesday off.  Which, of course, means that I now have to wait until Wednesday to get the job offer instead of getting it today.  Had she called at pretty much any other point of the day I would have joyously answered the phone, but she managed to pick the only fifteen minute window during which I wouldn't answer my phone.  You really can't make this kind of stuff up!

No comments:

Post a Comment