Thursday, December 23, 2010

Really Las Vegas Airport, Really

For Christmas I have returned to the wonderful world of NY for a week, quite exciting.  Except of course for the fact that by NY I mean the TOWN of Horseheads (Which I guess is better than the village, but not by much), and not something cool like New York City.  Anyways, the real point of this is how ridiculous flying is.  I really wish someone could give me a logical answer as to why it costs less money to fly a longer distance.  In order to cross the country I have to start off by going the wrong direction, southwest to Las Vegas!  Yeah, it has to be cheaper for the airline to take me the exact opposite direction of where I need to go first.  And then when I arrive to Las Vegas, it's not enough to simply force me to travel the wrong direction and making my trip take longer, but I am also forced to go through security twice!  That's right, the geniuses who designed the Las Vegas airport decided it made sense to make people who have already gone through a security check, leave the secured area in order to go to a different terminal, fantastic.  But alas I survived the ridiculous journey and am now here in the land of nothing to do and no one to do it with.  Luckily Christmas is just around the corner, and we all know what that means.  FOOD!  That's right, no need to get excited about presents these days, I already buy pretty much anything that I need or really want.  Family, I see them every few months, and one of my brothers at least once a week, so its nice, but the food, glorious amounts of delicious food to be had.  Check this out, not only are we going to have a Christmas ham, but an entire turkey as well.  I know what you're thinking, yeah but Christmas means family get-togethers with tons of people, right?  Wrong, at this feast of Christmastime their will be a grand total of six of us, including my parents who eat barely anything at all.  Thats right, not just one, but two full sized dinners for a whopping six people, Gotta love the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment